YOU AT YOUR BEST
There are strategies, practices, and processes available to you to maximize your potential, avoid pitfalls that sink many projects and organizations, and grow your team, your skillset, and your project.
We use science & best practices to get your project to where you want it to be.
- Learn how to hire the right people for the right position
- Build and cultivate a talent rich team
- Create a culture of problem-solving
- Plan for and handle growth
- Develop & maintain a healthy culture
- Learn from and process failure
- Avoid & heal burnout
- Live your best professional life
- Grow problem-solving capacity
- Create individual growth plans for each team member
- Enhance cultural flexibility and agility, avoiding calcification
SOME SPECIFIC POSSIBILITIES
AVOID ORGANIZATIONAL PITFALLS
Most organizations and especially start-ups fail because of three reasons. Of course, the right idea at the right time is essential, as well as funding and obviously focus. But even well funded, excellent ideas cannot succeed without:
- A cohesive team, working together.
- A small team has to fill many roles. That means each person must be at their maximum potential, especially in problem-solving.
- Each person needs to be empowered and takes responsibility.
- A clear understanding of the facts on the ground.
- Any part of the market or process of the industry you do not intimately know, make sure you get mentoring on.
- Any area where you simply assume how things work is your Achille’s Heel.
- A plan built on the above that the team sticks to regardless of what awesome opportunities and ideas come up.
Our core research and experience come from years of consulting teachers and principals in at-risk schools around the US.
These schools needed substantial and measurable results in student performance and behavior. The outcome was always extraordinary.
This base of proven research on problem-solving, comprehension, communicating to people at their point of need, and maximizing work and productivity also apply to the adult mind. In fact, we can go further, faster.
Some proven key processes and principles can be found in Dr. Bill Blokker’s book “Achieving Beyond Expectations.”
Find out more here: Bill Blokker
His vast experience in educational and business leadership is one of the key sources of our work.
He is available to lead masterclasses on various essential processes and then our team will work with you on the ground, in extended workshops, one on one consultations, and daily walkthroughs to build your skills and knowledge.
DIVERSITY AND HOLISTIC CULTURES
Diversity – We can train you in effective methods and ways of thinking and behaving that acknowledge the reality of diverse identities in a healthy and positive way for your organization. The modern notion of labels is still with us, and the landscape is dynamically changeing. The main goal is to treat each person with dignity and respect by disentangling ourselves from the patterns of thinking that can diminish someone many times without realizing it.
Neurodiversity – As our understanding develops of how the brain works, we have begun to realize that “normal” is a fiction. We all approach reality from a multiverse of perspectives. Neurodiversity is a way of incorporating all these processes into our understanding and management style, maximizing each and every one of them. Typically, this includes but is not limited to our understanding of ADHD, ASD, and other neurological or developmental conditions.
What we are reading now:
Requisite Organization: A Total System for Effective Managerial Organization and Managerial Leadership for the 21st Century
by Elliott Jaques
Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness
by Frederic Laloux
An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization
by Robert Kegan, Lisa Laskow Lahey, Andy Fleming, Matthew L. Miller, Deborah Helsing
Change: How to Make Big Things Happen
by Damon Centola
Useful Delusions: The Power and Paradox of the Self-Deceiving Brain
by Shankar Vedantam, Bill Mesler
Exponential Organizations: Why New Organizations Are Ten Times Better, Faster, Cheaper Than Yours (and What To Do About It)
by Salim Ismail, Mike Malone, Yuri van Geest
Gastrophysics: The New Science of Eating
by Charles Spence (This one is just for fun)
OUR OWN PROJECTS
Just like our work in branding for the brain, where we have created our own project to explore all the possibilities of the science and creativity (The Naked Sommelier), we have created a project about living our best lives, OUR HOUSE. It is our effort to put into practice the wisdom of managing one’s goals, self, team, and project with the science of the human brain as the focus. It is human centered living, maximizing our own potential for excellence.